I recently purchsed my own domain and have been meaning to set up my own
person email servers.  I use zoneedit for my dns, and from what I understand
you can set up mail through them as well.

i decided to try to set it up today and i have almost finished, but im
having problem with one thing. I followed the Home Email system tutorial on
gentoo-wiki.com and I've managed to get outgoing email working fine.  I can
send to  any address from [EMAIL PROTECTED] and all the headers do seem
proper. What I can't do is send back to that email address from other email
address, eg a hotmail account.  It doesn't bounce back, it just is never
recieved.

I can connect to the server over imap and smtp on my internal network as
well.   I do have a firewall in front and I have not opened any email ports
(25 and imaps), but I tried sending from one internal user to another, and
that didn't work either.  As well, there are no logs of blocked requests on
thoes ports.

I'm not very experience with this accpect of networking. I've set up web
servers before, but never and email server and I don't even know where to
look for problems.

If anyone requires any config information please let me know, but I did
follow that tutorial very closly.

I did not setup fetchmail, but from what I could tell that was only user for
recieving emails from external servers, eg your isps email.

Thanks for any help anyone can be!