maxim wexler schreef:
>>Try to adjust those variables:
>>
>>HISTFILE=/home/your_account/.bash_history
>>HISTFILESIZE=500
>>HISTSIZE=500
>>

>>HTH, noro
>

> Thanks noro.
>
> I had to run the above from root and sure enough, they
> were written into my home dir .bash_history, along
> with the exit command to get back to user-space. So I
> ran a series of ls's just to check but they don't
> appear.
>
> So what now?

Umm, not that I actually know anything about this, but I find it hard to
imagine that a file written by root wouldn't be owned by root and would
not exclude the user from being able to write to it.

Why did you have to create a user file as root (not saying you didn't
have to, just asking why)?

Holly