On Sunday 10 July 2005 18:39, Manuel McLure wrote:
> Uwe Thiem wrote:
> > Hi folks,
> >
> > "verbose mode" of fbsplash doesn't seem to work any more. If I press F2
> > during the boot process or switch to a text console after booting the
> > background is black instead of showing my specified picture. Same
> > behaviour for the themes emergence, gentoo and my own one. I skipped a
> > couple of kernels, so I am not too sure when it started. Current kernel
> > is 2.6.12-r4.
>
> If you switch to 2.6.12 from 2.6.11 you will need to remerge splashutils
> and rebuild your bootsplash ramdisk, since the splash protocol has
> changed. I saw the same problem with 2.6.12. The new splashutils ebuild
> has the following to say:
>
>     * If you upgrade your kernel from pre-2.6.12 to 2.6.12 or higher,
> please * make sure that you remerge this package and rebuild your initrds.
> You * can use the splash_geninitramfs script to do that.

Still no joy. Same behaviour as before. :-(

Actually, I wouldn't give a rat's ass for it but this is for a customer, and
looks are important.

Uwe

--
95% of all programmers rate themselves among the top 5% of all software
developers. - Linus Torvalds

http://www.uwix.iway.na (last updated: 20.06.2004)