Hello,

Noodling around I found a gentoo server at:
http://open-systems.ufl.edu/mirrors/gentoo/

I'm not sure if I can use this in my make.conf file?

If so, what would the setting look like?

Hopes are that is closer than my current mirrors.

Is there an a method/software to test which mirrors
are the fastest?

I have  this setting on some gentoo systems:
SYNC="rsync://rsync.namerica.gentoo.org/gentoo-portage"

Should it be added to all my gentoo systems and how does
the 'SYNC' setting affect/interact with specific
GENTOO_MIRRORS settings?

'mirrorselect' detail documentation seems to elude me,
and I'm not even sure this tools is useful to evaluate
the closest/fastest mirror or rsync host. Hell, I'm
not even sure what the main/functional difference is
between a mirror and a rsync host?

confused on optimizing gentoo downloads....

James