On 7/11/05, Myk Taylor <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I think if you're using Gentoo, there is an assumption that "if it's new
> (and acceptably stable), I want it".

Maybe I'm different but I disagree. Even if it's new, and in an
acceptly stable state, I often don't want it. Many times it seems that
we go through an r1/r2/r3/r4/r5 seies of updates. A number of times
that I've looked at change logs it turns out that 3 or 4 of these
changes are to fix things on other architecture while for me they are
just compile jobs.

I hope for the day when it's more clear that an incremental upgrade is
somethign that provides me value.

Cheers,
Mark