2005-07-12, k keltezéssel 01.17-kor Holly Bostick ezt írta:
> Richard Watson schreef:
> > Hi - I've just finished compiling Gnome and have no sound whatsoever.
> > Looking at my USE flags I noticed I had inadvertently set -alsa as a flag.
> >
> > At this stage I've changed the flag to alsa and re-run genkernel. But still
> > no sound. Do I have to recompile everything from scratch or have I made an
> > incorrect diagnosis of the problem?
> >
> > As always any help would be appreciated
> > --
> > Regards, Richard
> > ECRM Imaging Systems
> >

> Have you loaded the newly-compiled alsa driver modules for your sound
> card, run alsaconf and unmuted the mixer via alsamixer?
>
> Holly
Hi! I haven't got any sound too. I emerged all the alsa things, and when
I alsaconf tries to start the sound I get this:

 * ERROR: Failed to load necessary drivers

I have Nvidia Nforce chipset (alsaconf recognises it well), and I
emerged everything with alsa USE flag, in the kernel alsa-stuff are
enabled too. I've made it from the gentoo alsa howto, but it just
do not work... Maybe the driver sould be installed somehow? Or did
I miss something?

Thx!