Dmitry S. Makovey wrote:

>finally I've got to optimum (in my opinion) combination:
>
>title  Gentoo linux (update)
> root (hd0,0)
> kernel /kernel-genkernel-x86-2.6.12-gentoo-r4 real_root=/dev/hda11
>video=vesafb:[EMAIL PROTECTED] splash=verbose

You should also change "real_root=" to just "root=".

>But I've got new problem - for some reason KDE (3.4.1) now hangs after
>login doing "initialize peripherals" or something like that... and it
>happens only when I switch to 2.6.12, weird... anybody seen symptoms
>like that? First time since I've switched to 2.6.x kernels I've got
>so many issues with simple kernel upgrade, is there something going
>on I should be aware of?

Have not seen this.  Might be related to DBUS or HAL support though.  Do
you get anything odd in ~/.xsession-errors?  FYI, some scary looking
messages in that file are completely normal!

Also, on this list it is the standard to reply only to the list, and not
to CC someone privately, unless specifically requested to do so.

-Richard