On Mon, 18 Jul 2005, Mauro Faccenda wrote:

Dmitry S. Makovey wrote:
For past couple of weeks as I was doing emerge --sync and emerge -uDNp
I've noticed that libgsf has "jumping" versions. That is one week
it's 1.12.0 another 1.10.0 and it swings from one to another. Does
anybody know what might trigger this behavior?

This is because gnumeric REQUIRES =1.10.0... and when you do a -uD it
will be upgraded.

You should keep using -uNp instead of -uDNp ;)

I wouldn't throw away -uDNp just because of this.

On my system there are only two packages that depend on libgsf:

gnumeric =gnome-extra/libgsf-1.10*
librsvg  >=gnome-extra/libgsf-1.6

So librsvg can survive with an libgsf version as old as 1.6.

My solution has been adding these lines to /etc/portage/package.mask:
=gnome-extra/libgsf-1.12.0
=gnome-extra/libgsf-1.12.1

Ofcourse I could also use >=gnome-extra/libgsf-1.12.0, but I prefer to be notified if there is a new version available.

--
T.G.