[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Others have suggested expliciting setting the dpi in xorg.conf but again, I
never had to do that before so why now? Right now its 75x75 dpi. I have no idea
what it was before this font issue.

And does this work for you?  Or do you still have issues with fonts?

FYI, one "reason" you might have to do this is because you have a high resolution display, and if X can read the actual dimensions of your display, it will calculate the horizontal and vertical DPI. I'm not sure what combinations of kernel and X.org configuration options are required for this though. You can also get the same effect from setting "DisplaySize" in xorg.conf.

In any case, you can check the DPI that X is using, and how it arrived at that value, by checking /var/log/Xorg.0.log.

-Richard