Hi,
   I'm trying to get my mythfrontend box to allow a user to shut the
machine down without the use of a keyboard. We are only using remote
controls. suso doesn't seem to be an option because it requires a
password. (AFAICT)

   Is there some other way that I could make this work?

   I took a look at the permissions on /sbin/shutdown itself. It seems
to be executable by everyone and still doesn't allow anyone other than
to run it. Is there a way to make that program executable by everyone
so that sudo is not required? Or maybe there's some similar program to
shutdown that I could emerge?

   There's only two accounts on this machine - root & mythtv - and
it's within the mythtv account that I want to be able to shut the
machine down using a remote control only.

   Thanks for any and all ideas.

Cheers,
Mark