[snip]

> I think you have hardware problems - maybe a heat issue.  have you tried
> running
> with the covers off and a fan blowing onto the system?

I've checked: CPU temp. was 40C and MB temp was 29C
Though, I've taken the cover off and run it for a while without cover.

> > I think I went too fast for AMD64; I should have stayed with x86 and old
> > good IDE drive.
> > Somebody suggested: "Enabling 32 bit mode for the drives in the BIOS to
> > cure this problem."  I'll check my Bios the next time it will crash :-/
>
> Yes, 32-bit should be enabled, but I can't see where it would cause this
> problem.

I couldn't find the 32-bit mode feature in BIOS setting.
Under what menu is it?

Previously as was able to compile only few packages running for 20min
before crashing.
Now, I was able to keep compiling for about 2-hours before kernel panic
showed up.

--
#Joseph