walt wrote:
On 04/10/2010 11:19 AM, Dale wrote:
walt wrote:
On 04/09/2010 10:41 PM, Dale wrote:> I searched the logs in /var/log and found this:

(EE) NVIDIA(0): Failed to initialize the GLX module; please check in your X
(EE) NVIDIA(0): log file that the GLX module has been loaded in your X
(EE) NVIDIA(0): server, and that the module is the NVIDIA GLX module. If

#eselect opengl list
Available OpenGL implementations:
[1] nvidia * <------ Are you using this one?
[2] xorg-x11

Yep. I saw it switch to that during the emerge but I typed it in to make sure. I downgraded back to the old versions and things are working now. I did have to recompile all the input stuff again but at least it works.

According to the forums, this is a known problem since xorg is updated but apparently nvidia is not yet.

Yes, I see now. It works for me because I have the ~ version of the nvidia driver unmasked. I run the most recent kernel from Linus and the stable driver won't compile
against his newer kernels.

I think this is a version mismatch thing. Xorg, nvidia and maybe something else just don't like the currently available versions at the moment. I did try that keyworded nvidia driver for my card but it wasn't happy with it either. I think that was why I had a black screen. I dunno.

At least it is working for now and maybe when the next version is released all this will be fixed.

Dale

:-)  :-)