On Tue, Apr 13, 2010 at 7:40 AM, Mark Knecht <markkne...@gmail.com> wrote:
> OK, so I've been pushing forward and finally I'm emerge -e @world
> clean. xfce still doesn't work right. It's in fact pretty unusable at
> the moment as it has no menus at all, but it's only a backup
> environment so I'm going to ignore that for the moment and build KDE
> which should be done in about 2 hours.

Double-check that xfce-base/xfdesktop package has the menu-plugin USE
flag set (and also double-check that xfdesktop is running at all when
you're logged into xfce). Run xfconf, maybe it needs to generate the
configuration files, or try creating a new user and logging in as that
to see if it's just your user's xfce config that is wacky for some
reason. :)