On 4/15/2010 12:28 AM, Dale wrote:
> Paul Hartman wrote:
>> On Wed, Apr 14, 2010 at 10:38 PM, Tony Miller<mcfiredr...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi, I've noticed that in linux(in all browsers), I cannot see the text
>>> on this page.
>>>
>>> http://musictheory.net/lessons/html/id10_en.html
>>>
>>> There is supposed to be different text each time you hit the 'next'
>>> slide, but I see none. Kinda sucks because this site is very useful.
>>>
>>> I have www-plugins/adobe-flash version 10.0.45.2 installed.
>>>
>> Works for me using 64-bit adobe-flash-10.0.45.2-r1 in every browser I
>> tried. I see things like:
>>
>> • Clefs assign individual notes to certain lines or spaces.
>> • Two clefs are normally used: The Treble and Bass clefs.
>> • The first clef we will discuss is the Treble Clef (also called the G
>> Clef).
>> • The staff line which the clef wraps around (shown above in red) is
>> known as G.  Any note placed on this line becomes G.
>> • The note on the space above G is A.  (Remember, there is not an "H"
>> note).

> Since you know more about music than me, I may be seeing the same thing
> you described.  I couldn't remember what some of the things were
> called.  I only took piano lessons when I was a kid.  Based on you
> description, it may be working the same here.

No... he's actually quoting the text that should be on the page, not
describing the musical elements.  It's a series of bullet points
describing in words what is displayed above it.

So clearly you're not seeing what he is :)

On the plus side: Paul Hartman is a genius; installing 'corefonts' has
fixed a bunch of previously-broken Facebook games.  But sadly, not this
musictheory page, so I must still be missing the fonts.

Paul, Is there a way to tell which font the Flash animation is trying to
use?

--Mike