I have been playing with KVM (replacing VMware-Server) and I need to setup my
network for the Guests like this:
--------------------------------------------8<-------------------------------------------
brctl addbr br-eth1
brctl addbr br-eth2
brctl addbr br-eth3

brctl setfd br-eth1 0
brctl setfd br-eth2 0
brctl setfd br-eth3 0

brctl sethello br-eth1 1
brctl sethello br-eth2 1
brctl sethello br-eth3 1

brctl stp br-eth1 off
brctl stp br-eth2 off
brctl stp br-eth3 off

brctl addif br-eth1 eth1
brctl addif br-eth2 eth2
brctl addif br-eth3 eth3

tunctl -b -t qtap1
tunctl -b -t qtap2
tunctl -b -t qtap3

brctl addif br-eth1 qtap1
brctl addif br-eth2 qtap2
brctl addif br-eth3 qtap3

ifconfig qtap1 up 0.0.0.0 promisc
ifconfig qtap2 up 0.0.0.0 promisc
ifconfig qtap3 up 0.0.0.0 promisc

ifconfig br-eth1 192.168.4.1/24 up
ifconfig br-eth2 0.0.0.0 up
ifconfig br-eth3 0.0.0.0 up
ifconfig eth1 0.0.0.0 up
ifconfig eth2 0.0.0.0 up
ifconfig eth3 0.0.0.0 up
--------------------------------------------8<-------------------------------------------

Today I do this manually before a start the KVM-Guests, but now I would like
to have this (the network setup) done automatically with the normal init
scripts. I could put everything in local but then some services on the Host
(e.g. Bind) can not "see" all interfaces when started and has to be restarted
again after local. What would be the correct syntax for /etc/conf.d/net for
this setup (still at baselayout-1).

Regards,
--
Dan Johansson, <http://www.dmj.nu>
This message is printed on 100% recycled electrons!