On 2010-04-18 1:11 PM, Vincent Launchbury wrote:
> On 04/18/10 11:00, Tanstaafl wrote:
>> Crap, doesn't look like this will work...
>>
>> After masking gcc (and glibc - same argument there), I get:
>>
>> emerge -pev world
>> <snip>
>>
>> !!! All ebuilds that could satisfy "virtual/libc" have been masked.
>> !!! One of the following masked packages is required to complete your
>> request:
>> - sys-libs/glibc-2.11-r1 (masked by: package.mask, ~amd64 keyword)
>> - sys-libs/glibc-2.11 (masked by: package.mask, ~amd64 keyword)
>> <snip>
>> For more information, see the MASKED PACKAGES section in the emerge
>> man page or refer to the Gentoo Handbook.
>>
>> myhost : Sun Apr 18, 10:56:51 : ~
>> #
>>
>> Any other ideas?

> This is normal, it's informing you that those packages are masked, but
> not actually blocking the other updates. If you do:
>
> #emerge -e world -av
>
> i.e ask instead of pretend, it will output those warnings, and then ask
> you if you want to proceed with updating the rest.

Well of all the... !

:) Thanks Vincent... I guess that makes sense. The way those errors were
formatted though, it resembled the [B] blocking errors I've encountered
in the past, so I thought it meant they needed to be fixed first...

Anyway, I learned a few things (--resume --skipfirst, how to output a
list of packages to a file then emerge them, etc), so it wasn't wasted
bandwidth, for me at least... ;)

Thanks guys...

--

Charles