Hello Daid,

daid kahl <daid...@gmail.com> writes:

>> Hello,
>>
>> For anyone who uses the data analysis framework ROOT developed mainly
>> at CERN (sorry, I didn't name it 'root'), I can imagine that slotting
>> would be an extremely useful feature.
>
>> It occurred to me tonight that adding slotting should be easy and very
>> useful.

I use ROOT a fair amount.  I have not personally run into issues with
sensitivity of macros to ROOT version, at least not that I know of.  I
am running 5.22-r2 on an X86_64 system and 5.25/02 on a ppc.  The latter
was compiled outside portage because ROOT is masked with missing keyword
on that system.

If there is something I can do to help out then please let me know.  I
am not much of a programmer, but at the very least I should be able to
run tests.  I have a few old machines around that could be fired up and
used as test beds.

I am tied up with end of term stuff for the next week or so, but then my
time will be a bit more flexible.

Cheers,
Roger