On Tue, Apr 27, 2010 at 1:11 PM, Mark Knecht <markkne...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Keep in mind that my incremental power costs right now are $0.42/KWH.
> For monthly costs I use 24*365/12 = 730 hours/month.

Wow, it is only $0.07 cents/kWh here (St Louis, Missouri, USA). The
electric company wants to raise rates and the general public is
violently opposed (as always). But it seems like we have it good!  The
highest electric bill I've ever had was $89 last summer when we had a
stretch of 100+ degree days... it's a real bargain but I still try to
do what I can to save power, not only because of money but because
it's The Right Thing To Do(tm).

Gentoo is surely not the most power-saving distro when you consider
the load that compiling generates, but there are some things I just
cannot compromise on. :)

They can double, triple, quadruple the electric rates and I'd still be
happy; when the power goes out during a storm, etc., I find myself
bored to death. Give me my electricity and give it to me now, please.
:)