Am 30.04.2010 10:44, schrieb Neil Bothwick:
On Thu, 29 Apr 2010 18:43:41 -0400, dhk wrote:

While setting up a new disk I accidentally ran "mke2fs /dev/sda1"
instead of "mke2fs /dev/hda1".  When I realized the mistake (about 2
seconds later) I hit Ctrl-C before mke2fs was done.  Now I can't
mount the drive.  Is there a way to read the drive to get the data off
or is it unrecoverable?

The data is still there, mke2fs just reset the superblock. Photorec will
recover file contents from a filesystem like this. It only recovers the
contents, not the metadata, so you'll end up with files with meaningless
names, but as they are video files I suspect there are not too many of
them and they are fairly easy to identify. At least it's less work than
importing and editing them all again.

It will also find files you already deleted. I had this with an SD Card once and it is a lot of work to go throu all the files and see what it is.

kh