Am 30.04.2010 16:41, schrieb Florian Philipp:

> I just want to tell you that I experience similar problems with
> vmware-player.

Good to hear that ... in a way.

> I'm currently on kernel 2.6.32. The guest system is a
> Ubuntu with an Oracle Express database (used for a database lecture
> I'm taking).

I had those problems with 2.6.32 as well.
Should try to go back further for a check ...

> The system feels like it swaps out the complete host system when I
> switch to the guest system and vice versa although there is plenty
> of free memory. It is so bad that the system becomes completely
> unusable for more than 15 minutes. I didn't investigate it yet
> because I don't really need that guest OS.

Good for you ;-)

It's not THAT bad here, but the XP-guest takes a while to boot, yes.
Right now I simply don't shutdown the guest and hibernate-to-ram the
whole linux-box.

Thanks, Stefan