On 4/30/2010 12:40 PM, Roger Mason wrote:
> Mike Edenfield <kut...@kutulu.org> writes:
>
>> Have you tried using sys-devel/crossdev?
>
> Not in the present context.
>
>> It will set up the entire 32-bit cross-compiler environment for you;
>> then it's just a matter of setting a couple of environment variables to
>> switch compilers.
>
> Some time ago I tried setting up cross-compilation so that I could use a
> rather heterogeneous collection of amd64, ppc and x86 machines in
> icecream.  Unfortunately I could not get cross-compilation to work.  I
> asked about it in this forum but did not get any replies.

I have it set up on my laptop. I admit it's been a while since I used
it, but I know it worked at one point.

Though I was using it on a standard PC, the best source of information I
found on the process was the Gentoo Embedded Handbook:

http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/base/embedded/handbook/?part=1

The whole first section is on setting up a cross-compiler, just
substitute i686-pc-linux-gnu for your target architecture.