I have solved this issue late last night. I took my inspiration from fedora,
who has a really nice automatic tool for adding ldap servers, and i looked at
their changes. The issue was that pam_unix was set as required, not sufficient
/ optional. I also found that in fedora they do includes in their pam, and my
setup did not have it so you need to modify the correct module for the system,
you are using. Find below my corrected pam config, and i will do a write up of
this process.

I have also found that when the user logs in it takes a long tine for commands
to execute, and in this time it sends alot of requests to the slapd server,
using anonymous binds. Any idea how i make anonymous binds return attrs such as
groupUid etc?

On 05/05/2010, at 7:00 AM, Daniel Troeder wrote:

>> # auth
>> auth            sufficient      pam_opie.so             no_warn
>> no_fake_prompts
>> auth            requisite       pam_opieaccess.so       no_warn allow_local
>> #auth           sufficient      pam_krb5.so             no_warn
>> try_first_pass
>> #auth           sufficient      pam_ssh.so              no_warn
>> try_first_pass
>> auth           sufficient      /usr/local/lib/pam_ldap.so no_warn
>> use_first_pass
>> auth           sufficient        pam_unix.so             no_warn
>> try_first_pass
>>
>> # account
>> account         required        pam_nologin.so
>> #account        required        pam_krb5.so
>> account         required        pam_login_access.so
>> account         sufficient        pam_unix.so
>> account                sufficient        /usr/local/lib/pam_ldap.so
>> no_warn ignore_authinfo_unavail ignore_unknown_user
>>
>> # session
>> #session        optional        pam_ssh.so
>> session         required        pam_permit.so
session optional /usr/local/lib/pam_ldap.so

>> # password
>> #password       sufficient      pam_krb5.so             no_warn
>> try_first_pass
>> password        sufficient        pam_unix.so             no_warn
>> try_first_pass
password                sufficient      /usr/lib/local/pam_ldap.so