On 10 May, Alan McKinnon wrote:
> On Monday 10 May 2010 09:46:11 Helmut Jarausch wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I have the following file as /etc/logrotate.d/denyhosts
>> /var/log/denyhosts {
>>      missingok
>>      notifempty
>>      create 0640 root root
>>      sharedscripts
>>      prerotate
>>              /etc/init.d/denyhosts stop
>>      endscript
>>      postrotate
>>              /etc/init.d/denyhosts start
>>      endscript
>> }
>>
>> But this causes errors
>> reading config info for /var/log/denyhosts
>> error: denyhosts:1 lines must begin with a keyword or a filename (possibly
>> in double quotes) error: denyhosts:2 unexpected text
>> error: denyhosts:3 unexpected text
>> error: denyhosts:4 unexpected text
>> error: denyhosts:5 unexpected text
>> error: denyhosts:prerotate or postrotate without endscript
>

> That file is correct, so I'd first check the file that is read *before* that
> one, looking for things like missing end braces etc etc
>
> logrotate -d /etc/logrotate.conf will show the read order

Thanks, Alan,

the file before is indeed a bit different

# $Header:
/var/cvsroot/gentoo-x86/app-admin/syslog-ng/files/syslog-ng.logrotate,v 1.2
2004/07/18 02:25:02 dragonheart Exp $
#
# cups logrotate snippet for Gentoo Linux
#

/var/log/cups/error_log /var/log/cups/access_log /var/log/cups/page_log {
    sharedscripts
    postrotate
        /etc/init.d/syslog-ng reload > /dev/null 2>&1 || true
    endscript
}

It has multiple file names in the first line.
Is this OK?

Helmut.