On 05/08/2010 07:16 AM, claude angéloz wrote:
Hello,

I installed a gentoo on a very recent system  (efi support) . AT the
reception of the laptop  it was a disk label msdos, with a boot
partition w** installer ... I changed that against  a GPt disk label. I
can install without problem the gentoo , but now it doenst boot.

I read some docs about gpt,mbr,boot principles and tried some tools

- install the grub2 masked package and grub-install.

- a special partion bios_grub  as 1st bootable partition.
but actually no succesful...
but in the parted i did not see this "bios_grub" as  flag...

I found some  tips from the web , but i guess that was only valid for a
macintel system, not a normal pc  with a disk labeled gpt and an efi
support.

I know that it is not required  an  efi partiton to boot the os with
pc/bios and gpt disk. Or is it false ?

I guarantee that some smart geek here will know how to do it, though you
may need to search around for the appropriate forum:

http://www.boot-land.net/forums/

BTW, why do you want to use gpt on a laptop?