The /etc/hosts file has the only the following entry in it:

127.0.0.1     localhost

I cannot get the system to reconize anything that I place in /etc/hosts. For some reason it does not appear that the /etc/hosts file is being processed. Is there a config file somewhere that specifies whether or not the hosts file gets processed? My system is setup for DHCP and resolv.conf gets overwritten every time the system is booted.

Any ideas?

     Russ