On 22 May 2010, at 15:17, W.Kenworthy wrote:
... using it under gnome there is no way to set a
personal dictionary. Ive installed kcontrol which is apparently what you use in KDE to set the dictionaries, but I cant see how to set a personal
dictionary.

I have in the past (KDE3, I think) tried installing KControl in order to manage preferences for a KDE app running outside of a KDE environment (Knode via SSH / X11 - running on my headless Linux server, displaying on my Mac) but it didn't install any modules when I tried it. Some package(s) other than KControl seemed to provide those, and I never found out what it was.

Maybe I need to install/run a full kde to set it? - then
will it stay set under gnome?

I think your best bet might be to try that.

Stroller.