--- Martins Steinbergs <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> log to linux, erase partition table, get those heads
> corect, write new
> partition table --> reboot, LBA is on and win is

What does this mean? LBA was off before and now it's
on? Where? In the POST? dmesg? In the BIOS? fdisk? dos
or unix?

Also note: as I've said elsewhere, even when the big
drive(/dev/hdb) is installed alone as master WinXP is
accessible, otherwise how could boot.ini open? But
both available options, WinXP or Recovery Console(by
which I had hoped to use fixboot etc.) lead to system
hangs.

The method you propose seems rather drastic. I'd like
to be sure before proceeding