Bill Longman wrote:
<snip>
This is funny.  I have NEVER got a genkernel to work on my system.
Actually, on any system.  I'm not sure the OP would know that kernel is
any better then the one he makes.
Dale,

If you've never gotten genkernel to work, you should try this little
script that I've used for the past few years. I put it in /usr/src/gk
and I change into whatever /usr/src/kernel directory I'm going to
compile. Then, I just call "../gk all" and off it goes. Of course, if
you use lilo, it's a different story because I jumped out of the lilo
life raft years ago and managed to swim to shore.

Here's gk. Tweak to your environment:

CFLAGS="-O2 -march=barcelona -pipe" \
genkernel --lvm --menuconfig --save-config --oldconfig \
--bootloader=grub --install --symlink --kerneldir=$PWD \
--makeopts="-s -j4" "$@"

--
Bill

I don't use genkernel anymore. I just roll my own. That way, I know what is in there and what is not. Then if something doesn't work, I know if it is the kernel or something else. With genkernel, you won't have a clue what it is since you don't know much if anything about the kernel and how it is configured.

I'll pass. As I have seen with others, genkernel doesn't work consistently enough.

Dale

:-)  :-)