On 2010-06-23, Neil Bothwick <n...@digimed.co.uk> wrote:
> On Wed, 23 Jun 2010 16:14:00 +0000 (UTC), Grant Edwards wrote:
>
>> Is there any sort of FUSE+libdvdread+libdvddecss utility that can be
>> pointed at an encrypted DVD and then present to user-space apps
>> an unencrypted-filesystem-tree-view of that DVD?
>
> media-video/vobcopy will copy the DVD files to hard disc, decrypting them
> in the process.

Yes, thanks. I know about the ways to rip an encrypted DVD (vobcopy,
k9copy, dvd::rip, etc.).  However, that's not what I'm asking about.

I don't want to rip the DVD to hard disc.  I want to provide
unencrypted access to an encrypted DVD without copying the entire DVD
contents to a temporary location.

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! Half a mind is a
                                  at               terrible thing to waste!