Grant wrote:Grant wrote:
>> I need to install the google-api-adwords-perl library, and it requires
>> that SOAP-WSDL is patched with the soap_wsdl_patches.pl perl script.
>> Can I have SOAP-WSDL patched via the perl script in an ebuild?
>>
>> - Grant
>>
> Here is the perl script:
>
> http://pastebin.com/YM3G5sKn
>
> Can anyone with perl and ebuild knowledge determine if the script
> could be incorporated into an ebuild?  David Abbott and I are working
> on getting google-api-adwords-perl into portage and this is a
> dependency.

(Some preliminary setup work, like cpan -i Text::Patch SOAP::WSDL.)

Running the patch after fixing its paths ... will result invariably in:
Trying to patch /usr/lib64/perl5/site_perl/5.10.1/SOAP/WSDL/XSD/Typelib/Builtin/anySimpleType.pm...Hunk #1 failed at line 13.

I'm no authority on perl, but AFAICT that patch does not match against either SOAP::WSDL latest stable sources nor latest SOAP::WSDL dev release code from CPAN. Actually, I couldn't find tarballs from CPAN which would match with the failing lines of that patch. There might've been some earlier 2.00-series releases, but they're ... long gone?

Any idea of the version of SOAP::WSDL they are using for this at Google?

--
Arttu V. -- Running Gentoo is like running with scissors