Grant Edwards wrote:
On 2010-07-01, Nils Larsson<n...@nerdshack.com>  wrote:
Where do I find qmake 3?
I assume qt3 and whatever deps. it needs are available through the
kde-sunset overlay.
Two questions:

  1) What do the qt3support use flag and the qt-qt3support package do?
     I had assumed that they enabled qt3 support, but apparently not?

  2) Is there any documentation on how to use Qt3 from the kde-sunset
     overlay?  The only thing I could find was on how to use KDE 3.5
     instead of KDE 4.

     I'm not interested in KDE, and I want to keep the normal Qt4
     install -- I just have a single Qt3 (not KDE) app that I need to
     build from sources.

You don't have to install KDE to get qt3. Just add the kde-sunset overlay then emerge qt3 or whatever you do need. Then you can use the other package that needs qt3.

Just keep in mind, qt3 may not always be there. KDE3 is there for the folks that just can't use KDE4, either missing options or just older hardware.

Dale

:-)  :-)