On Fri, 09 Jul 2010 20:02:23 -0500, Dale wrote:

> >> assuming this all goes without trouble (will take a while), should I
> >> unmerge version 4.3.4?
> >
> > There's no reason to.  Unless you don't need it anymore.
> >

> Or he doesn't like cruft or needs the drive space.
>
> Is rebuilding the whole system needed for that upgrade tho?

Only if you want to remove the old version, if only to ensure that
everything builds with 4.4. Every time I remove 4.3, I find myself
re-emerging it because some odd package won't build with 4.4, so I ended
up leaving it there.

--
Neil Bothwick

Last words of a Windows user: = Why does that work now?