(I asked this on IRC more than an hour ago, got no reply, so here goes
it to the list.)

What's the policy when you think that a change made due to a FIXED bug
needs more changes? Should you just comment it, fill another bug or
change the state (I can't do the later, anyway)?

As an example (the one I am dealing with, bug 283744), I found out a
package was changed to add a behavior which wasn't documented in the
ebuild.

On one hand, the suggestion to add elog messages should belong to the
original bug (now RESOLVED FIXED).

But on the other hand this is a new problem introduced by the fix for
that first bug, and then should have its own request.

(And, as I can't change the first bug - which is FIXED, a separate bug
would be initially marked as OPEN, which suits the case of a new, IMHO
still unsolved issue.)

But what's the most polite thing to do?

--
Nuno J. Silva