On Tue, Aug 3, 2010 at 4:16 PM, Kyle Bader <kyle.ba...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Heyo Kevin,
>
> > <Directory /hex/hexTest/>
> >     AuthUserFile /etc/apache2/kosmanor/passwords
> >     AuthGroupFile /dev/null
> >     AuthName "OHex Advanced"
> >     AuthType Basic
> >     Require valid-user
> >     Options FollowSymLinks
> > </Directory>
>
> Try adding one of these in there:
>
> AddHandler cgi-script cgi pl
>
> Thanks, Kyle, you've been getting me closer and closer.
If I'm starting to "get" the new stuff, AddHandler declares certain
extensions.  Up until last month, extensions were not required, and in fact
my CGI programs have never had them.  It used to be enough to use
ScriptAlias, and put an executable in the directory.  If it was a script
with a shebang, or a compiled ELF program all was well.  If I were going to
use extensions, it would be .py or possibly .python, not .cgi or .pl.

I see hints that the same sort of thing can still be accomplished, and I'd
rather do that than break my RCS version sequence because of a name change.
I'll report back.

--
Kevin O'Gorman, PhD