On 2010-08-05 9:25 PM, Kevin O'Gorman <kogor...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 5, 2010 at 10:29 AM, Kevin O'Gorman <kogor...@gmail.com
> <mailto:kogor...@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     I may have found the root of the problem: examine the following
>     output of an eix query on apache, and note that the cgi stuff seems
>     to be turned off in the installed version.

So, apparently you don't read the postinstall messages when installing
updates?

Here is the postinst message for this latest apache update:

"LOG: postinst
Attention: cgi and cgid modules are now handled via APACHE2_MODULES
flags make sure to enable those in order to compile them. In general,
you should use 'cgi' with non-multithreaded MPMs (such as prefork) and
'cgid' with multithreaded ones (such as worker)"

It can really save you a lot of hassle if you read these... ;)