On Sat, Jul 31, 2010 at 3:14 PM, Volker Armin Hemmann <
volkerar...@googlemail.com> wrote:

> On Samstag 31 Juli 2010, Mick wrote:

> from

> able

> > > it is not about partitions.
> >
> > Please explain, I thought that bad blocks would coincide with some
> > partitions.
>
> because defectice partitions don't give you no sense errors nor do they
> give
> you zero capacity errors. Read his dmesg.
>
>  If the firmware/logic board is bad, you might be able to replace it with
one from the same model.  I've heard of some success from a coworker who
took the logic board from a known good drive and put it on a HDD with good
internals but a bad logic board, and it worked.  That's if you need the
data, that is.

- Mark Shields