Pupeno wrote:

Hello,
I want to have the /home of my laptop encripted, with an external key (in a CD or floppy, until I get an usb pain drive), specially to be able to change the passphrase easily and have various medias with different passphrases and the same key (so, my wife can uses her own passphrase), is this possible ? it'll be the non written 13th item here: http://www.sdc.org/~leila/usb-dongle/readme.html, right ?
Any docs that explains how to achieve this (as close as possible to Gentoo).
Thanks.

I use loop-aes to encrypt all filesystems. It is very secure and very fast. If you have USE=crypt, Gentoo already has support for it in the mount and losetup commands. You just need the kernel module (emerge loop-aes).

After you emerge it, read the documentation at /usr/share/doc/loop-aes-*/README.gz

-Richard