----- Original Message ----

> On 13 August 2010 09:08, Neil Bothwick <n...@digimed.co.uk> wrote:
> > On  Thu, 12 Aug 2010 22:10:02 -0700 (PDT), BRM wrote:
> >> but even  so - they are saying this has to be done on every reboot, and
> >> that's  not much of a solution.
> > Put the commands in  /etc/conf.d/local.start, or the start section
> > of /etc/conf.d/local if  using baselayout2.
> Have you been through the guidance in this page to  find out which
> kernel driver you ought to use with your  card?
> http://linuxwireless.org/en/users/Drivers/b43

Yes. Unfortunately it's a 14e4:4320/ with BCM4306/2 Chip set (4306 Rev 2), so
it
requires the b43-legacy driver, and only firmware version FW10 supports the
hardware from what I can tell.

It just seems to me that I went from a working wireless on 2.6.30 to a
non-working wireless on 2.6.34. I'd really like to get back to a working
wireless card, and be on the newer kernel.

While the steps I quoted may be a work around for 2.6.34 - I haven't had a
chance to test them yet, hopefully tonight - they are just that, a work around
for a bug.
rfkill did install pretty easily once I unmasked it, but I don't know if it
will
work yet either.

Ben