On Tue, 2010-08-17 at 17:14 -0500, Paul Hartman wrote:
> I have not tried it, but a Google search showed me this:
> http://github.com/colszowka/linux-typewriter
>
> BTW - I have Unicomp keyboards (modern version of IBM Model M) and
> they are loud and awesome ;)

This is a weird script.  It's a ruby script that creates a web server,
but the web server listens for...

It runs a python script that uses python-xlib to listen for key presses,
and when a key is pressed it uses curl to open the connection to the
ruby script.. when the ruby script receives a request it plays a sound.

So really it's the Python script that's doing all the work... If you can
just try downloading the python script[1] and replacing 'curl
http://localhost:4567/key' with 'aplay myfile.wav'

[1]
http://github.com/colszowka/linux-typewriter/blob/master/bin/keypress.py