Hi all,

I'm trying to build a new duel quad-core server and I'm having some problems.

Just after it loads the keymap, I get this error:

request_module: runaway loop modprobe binfmt-464c

A few minutes later, it panics.

I'm loading from a pendrive that I've used before to build servers, so I don't
THINK it's the installation media.

Some of the search results I got from Goggle (who is my friend, btw) indicated
that it might be a problem with drive labels.  After unplugging both drives
and retrying, I'm convinced thats not the case.

Other chatter indicated that I was booting a 32-bin kernel in a 64-bit OS, or
vise versa.  Based solely on the name of the failing module, this has some
credibility, but seems like a stretch since I've not changed the pendrive.

Anyone else seen, and fixed, this problem before?  Any advise would be
welcome.

--

Take care and have fun,
Mike Diehl.