Jake Moe <jakesaddr...@gmail.com> writes:

>  On 31/08/10 06:57, Allan Gottlieb wrote:
>> I plugged into the desktop and looked on the laptop.
>>
>> Sorry for the noise,
>> allan
>>
> Whups, only looked at the previous thread, didn't see this.  Probably
> best if you reply to the thread with stuff like this, so we can keep
> track of it.

I thought of that.  The problem is that there is quite a delay between
my sending the msg and seeing it appear in the newsgroup.
I wanted to tell people right away to prevent wasted effort.

Perhaps I should have "replied" to my local copy (gnus GCC), but then
the references would not be right in the newsgroup.

allan