Hi all,

I'd like to install mcollective and developer provides its ebuild.
so I've followed http://en.gentoo-wiki.com/wiki/Overlay for adding a
local overlay.

*I had a problem when adding
"source /usr/local/portage/layman/make.conf" to my make.conf. That file
does not exists and layman has no make.conf file. Anyway, removing that line
and following the other steps makes my ebuilds available to emerge.

so this is my structure:
# ls -R /usr/local/portage/*
/usr/local/portage/dev-ruby:
stomp

/usr/local/portage/dev-ruby/stomp:
ChangeLog  Manifest  stomp-1.1.6.ebuild  stomp-1.1.ebuild

/usr/local/portage/multi-tool:
mcollective

/usr/local/portage/multi-tool/mcollective:
ChangeLog  files  Manifest  mcollective-0.4.7.ebuild  mcollective-0.4.8.ebuild

/usr/local/portage/multi-tool/mcollective/files:
client.cfg.dist.patch  mcollectived.conf  mcollectived.init
server.cfg.dist.patch

/usr/local/portage/profiles:
repo_name

So now I try to install new package:

# emerge multi-tool/mcollective

 * IMPORTANT: 1 news items need reading for repository 'gentoo'.
 * Use eselect news to read news items.

Calculating dependencies /

!!! Invalid or corrupt dependency specification:

Conditional without parenthesis: 'server?'

('ebuild', '/', 'multi-tool/mcollective-0.4.8', 'merge')

server? || ( =dev-ruby/stomp-1.1 >=dev-ruby/stomp-1.1.6 ) >=dev-lang/ruby-1.8

This package can not be installed. Please notify the 'multi-
tool/mcollective-0.4.8' package maintainer about this problem.
... done!

and it complains about server line.

I've tried to add a parenthesis to that line, and after new digest, it
still complains about that line.

so, anyone with more experience could help me? is there a real problem
with the ebuild? or the problem is mine? (most probable :-) ).

*Instead of pasting ebuild code, I paste download link:

http://code.google.com/p/mcollective/downloads/list

Thanks in advance,

--
Arnau Bria