On 09/04/2010 07:11 AM, Konstantinos Agouros wrote:
Hi,

I have a VM with a gentoo guest. For testing I set it up with an LVM
Volume Group that consisted of only one disk. Now I added a 2nd resized
the FS but lilo stopped working. When I call it I get:

Way back when I was using LILO, it had to be reinstalled to the boot block
of the boot drive whenever the partition table changed.  The partition
table was hard-wired into the boot block, so naturally the boot block
needed to be updated.  Dunno if LILO still does that, and I can't recall
how to re-install the boot block, either :/

Is maybe grub the answer to my problem?

That's what I use, and it's not subject to the re-install problem.
Bit of a learning curve at first, but worth it IMO.