Al <oss.el...@googlemail.com> writes:

>> I don't know who this fellow Al is, but he seems to have a stuck idea from
>> 10+
>> years ago. Gentoo doesn't have a newsgroup probably because Gentoo users do
>> not want one.
>
> My father hasn't internet at all and he doesn't miss it. There are
> even people that can't read. They don't miss it. There are devolopers
> that never used a version management. They think they don't want it.
>
> So what do you want to say?
>
> Gentoo is developers network not a rest home.

Many of us on the mailing list (e.g. me) have used newsgroups.  I prefer
the mailing list interface.  I must say that emacs/gnus the distinction
is blurred.  All the gentoo-user mail goes to the gentoo-user "group"
in gnus and thus doesn't clutter up my primary and course mailboxes

I admit to having very good internet connectivity.

allan