On Wed, 8 Sep 2010 12:19:31 +0200, Al wrote:

> It's not me complaining of noise. I know how to deal with threads. I
> don't read those topics that don't interest me.

I wish I had your self-control :(

> It's definitly the email fans having issues with noise. I would say
> there should be much more noise on this list, taking into accoung it
> is the user list.

Who exactly complained about noise before you mentioned it? In fact, what
is this noise? This list has far less off-topic traffic than most and,
coincidentally, it's exactly the same amoutn whether accessed via an IMAP
or NNTP server.

> But are users really welcome to Gentoo? Taking your personal attitude?
> Or are they just an annoyence for the elite circle considiring the
> list as their playground.

Of course they are welcome. What is not welcome, and this applies to most
walks of life, not only this list, is people who enter an established
community and then proceed to tell everyone they are doing it wrong, over
and over again. Proposing a change to see the reaction is one thing, to
keep banging on it when no one else is supporting your viewpoint is
annoying at best.

--
Neil Bothwick

"Energize!" said Picard and the pink bunny appeared...