On Sunday 12 September 2010 00:15:34 Etaoin Shrdlu wrote:

> But since you're not convinced, now it would be nice, for my own
> education, and perhaps someone else's, that you elaborated a bit
> more. What exactly do you find non convincing in that usage of the
> adjective? How would you express the concept better?

I did say I wasn't getting at you in particular, but what I dislike is
being bombarded by the broadcast media with "potential this" and
"possible that", when only a few years ago no-one would have dreamed of
putting the extra word in. We even heard of someone being charged with
an alleged crime recently, which is plain nonsense.

A risk is a risk, no matter how indirect it starts out.

But this is all way off-topic, so I propose to pipe down. No-one's likely
to be convinced anyway.

--
Rgds
Peter.          Linux Counter 5290, 1994-04-23.