On 19 September 2010 10:09, Alan McKinnon <alan.mckin...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Apparently, though unproven, at 00:28 on Sunday 19 September 2010, András
> Csányi did opine thusly:
>
>> On 19 September 2010 00:14, Kevin O'Gorman <kogor...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > Is it just me?  Or does Firefox get slower every release?  And less
>> > stable.
>> >
>> > I got myself up to the latest, and I cannot install my 4 add-ons (xmarks,
>> > AdBlockPlus, Noscript, Stumble-upon) without it crashing.  Seg fault
>> > sometimes.  I've got ECC memory, and no reported problems, and it does
>> > not help to clear the profiles (rename ~/.mozilla)  and re-emerge.
>> > Grrrrrr.
>>
>> Use Chrome/Chromium. At my gentoo the fox won't even start. I don't
>> know why, I won't to know why... I'm tired about Firefox. :S
>

> If you run Firefox from a terminal, do you get an error about xpcom?
>
> If so, you need revdep-rebuild and possibly re-merge nss.
> It's all in the build elogs.

Hi Alan,

I have tried to start from terminal, but no message. I have tried to
run after revdep-rebuild but nothing. I have installed binary version
but the result was the same.
After these I have tried strace and if I remenber correctly it stopped
with segmentation fault. Unfortunately I can't reproduce this problem
because few days ago I changed my system from 32 bit to 64 bit. Here
everything is working fine according firefox.

I know I should have report it but, that time, I was really tired
emotionally. :(

--
- -
--  Csanyi Andras (Sayusi Ando)  -- http://sayusi.hu --