On Sat, 30 Jul 2005 18:17:43 +0200, Luigi Pinna wrote:

> I usually encode from dv (digital video camera) to standard dvd format
> (MPEG-2); I usually use kino to convert the files.
> Now, I think that my computer is a good computer to encode them (AMD64
> 3000 1 GByte RAM), and I think that it uses too much time to encode 1
> hour video: about 7 hours!

Is playback in Kino also slow?  If so, try emerging it with the ffmpeg
flag. I don't know if it is still the case, but there were problems with
libdv running very slowly on some amd64 system, mine included, and
getting Kino to use ffmpeg instead was the fix.

--
Neil Bothwick

The Borg assimilated my race & all I got was this T shirt.