On Monday 20 September 2010 11:32:57 am András Csányi wrote:
> I like amarok, I don't know why just I like it. Yesterday, when I
> switched off amarok I saw the CPU using went down from ~40% to ~3% and
> kwin from ~30% to ~1%.

I use amarok all the time, although its not lite, its cpu usage is normally
arround 5-7 % while playing and kwin is arround ~1% (when amarok is minimised
to the tray). When the window is shown the usage is slightly higher(kwin
arround 15%)  this i think is because ive got the images applet enabled which
shows a sort of slide show of images with various transitioning effects like
(blending).

im on 2.3.1. what version are you using? try upgrading to the latest? try
disabling a few applets that you dont need or might be heavy.

> My machine has 4GB RAM and nvidia (geforce 8400), but
> the CPUs are celeron. The system is 64 bit.

ive got a similar machine but with a core 2 duo cpu

> I had a lot of stability problems with amarok on opensuse. IMHO it's
> not worth the hassle, go with one of the alternatives.

well i guess its improved a lot lately, ive never had any stablity issues with
amarok.

--
- Yohan Pereira.