walt wrote:
On 09/29/2010 03:40 PM, Diego Elio Pettenò wrote:
Hi all users,
 we hope to be able to provide a better experience for all of you at
the end of this (bumpy) journey.

Thanks!

On behalf of the Geriatric Gentoo Users Group I say, "No, please, allow us to
thank YOU for all the great work you do for gentoo!"

Maintaining high quality is always an uphill battle, and those of us in the GGUG know and appreciate how much work you do on our behalf. So, once again, thanks
from the old farts!

Alan, Volker, Dale -- anything to add?

+1 If I could reproduce, I would say +2. Alas there is only one of me. Stop clapping and jumping up and down in your seat. ;-)

As least we know this is coming. I just wonder why there wasn't something added to portage to fix this? Maybe that wasn't doable. If a person was to download a new stage3 and do a fresh install, would that put a end to this problem? In other words, does this affect new installs the same as old installs?

Dale

:-)  :-)